· Maintain sound operations policies, procedures and systems in alignment with the business objectives of Personal and Business Banking Group with due consideration for striking a balance among efficiency, flexibility, control and customer service.
· Design and implement adequate controls to ensure compliance with new or revised regulatory requirements.
· Ensure operational risks of new banking products / services are adequately addressed and proper internal controls are in place.
· Review the existing operations process and initiate system enhancements to streamline processes and improve operational effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
· Ensure smooth implementation of new policies and procedures, and launching of new products through branch channel.
· Establish controls, monitor and ensure the compliance with AML Policy and the relevant procedures and guidelines issued by Compliance Department.
· Develop procedures and manual for the department/group to get better implementation on AML Policy and the relevant procedures and guidelines when necessary.
· Identify possible weaknesses in operations controls and notify Compliance Department.
· Liaise with relevant parties on preparation for business requirement, testing planning, testing scripts and system rollout preparation for systems, new products and new services.
· Plan and execute and conduct user acceptance tests according to project timeline.
· Review operational efficiency and identifying opportunities for enhancement
· Identify operation deficiencies and make recommendations for rectification and continuous improvement.
· Degree holder or equivalent is preferred
· Minimum 6 years of experience in retail banking or branch operations design and development
· Good knowledge of banking practices, operation system and procedures.
· Familiar with investment related products and services
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
· Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).